Indivio enables you to create your own high-quality, on-brand template with industry-standard Adobe After Effects.
There are 5 steps needed to prepare a project for onboarding:
- Preview Markers
- Reduce Project
- Collecting files in After Effects
- Save the collected .aep project
- Zip collected files
To ensure successful onboarding, please also review the Template Checklist.
1. Make sure that Preview Markers exist
- Please refer to the Preview Marker documentation and make sure the Preview Markers exist - this is a required component to pass template onboarding. https://support.indiv.io/hc/en-us/articles/360036137393-Adding-preview-markers
2. Reducing the After Effects Project
To reduce the After Effects Project, select the MAIN_COMP in the footage panel. With the MAIN_COMP selected, go to File > Dependencies > Reduce Project. This will reduce any unused clutter from the file.
3. Collecting files in After Effects
Collecting files ensures that all dependencies such as linked images and video footages are pulled together into a transferrable folder together with the project design file (.aep).
- Save the .aep file
- Navigate to File > Dependencies > Collect Files...
- Leave the settings and click Collect…
- Specify the destination folder where you want After Effects to save.
- Close the current .aep file, and navigate to the newly collected .aep file.
4. Save the collected .aep project
- Make sure the newly collect .aep file name contains no spaces. (Spaces are not supported)
- Open the newly collected .aep file.
- Confirm there are no errors or warning
- Save the newly collected .aep file.
5. Zip collected files
Zipping your project directory is required before onboarding.
- Select the collected project directory.
- On a Mac, select all the files in the folder (should be aep files and a footages directory) right-click and select “Compress files” and give the archive zip file a name. On a Windows machine, select the files and right-click “Send to” and then select “Compressed (zipped) folder”.
- This is the project zip file that will be onboarded to create a new Template. See Template Onboarding (Preparing for Onboard).