Indivio enables you to create and test relevant ad creatives for each of your locations using ad sets. The budgets for your campaigns can be optimized across ad sets using CBO.
To create a geo-localized campaign using personalized images or videos, you will first need:
- Facebook conversions ad id “boilerplate”
- First, create a single ad on Facebook using the Conversions objective and specifying the desired campaign, ad set (targetings, placements), and ad settings. Set up the ad format the way you want it personalized - e.g. link image ad for personalized link image ads, carousel video ad for personalized carousel video ad, etc.
- During the workflow, the system will let you drive certain targeting attributes using feed values (e.g. city, radius).
- Location-compatible feed
- Domestic locations should be formatted as:
“Full City Name, Full State Name, Country Name”
- Dynamic Template
- See the Create Template docs for more info
- Connected Facebook account
- User’s connected account must have permissions to the Facebook ad id and related assets (pixel, page)
To create a geo-localized conversions ads campaign:
- From the Campaign Page (new window), click on the “Create Campaign” button.
- Specify the Facebook ad id in the field to get started. It will take a few moments to query Facebook and, if successful, the system will show information about the ad. Please verify the ad information, especially the ad format. The system will automatically select the media format based on the “boilerplate” ad.
- Select the location-compatible feed to use for generating the ad set, ad, and ad creative variations. See more information about setting up your location-compatible feed here. Click Next once you have selected the feed.
- The Ads Settings step is where you can specify the feed data used for creating variations of ad sets and ads. First, specify whether you want to use an existing or new campaign. Next, specify your ad set mappings. For geo-localized campaigns, you need to specify the feed column with the properly formatted location text. Next, specify the type of location targeting (city, region, zip, geo market). Finally, specify the Ad Copy Fields you want to drive with feeds. Any fields left unmapped will use the values from the “boilerplate” ad. Click Next and wait a few moments while the system validates the configuration against Facebook’s requirements.
- Select the Template you want to use for the campaign. Currently, the system only supports a single template. Click Next.
- Map the template design fields to the feed columns. This tells the system which values you want to replace in the template. You can see a preview of the value to the right of the feed column. The system will automatically try to match the template design fields to feed columns with the same name.
- Review the Campaign settings. Set a name for the Indivio Campaign (you set the Facebook campaign name in the previous steps). If you do not want to publish to Facebook, but just render videos, you can specify “preview only”. Click Next to begin rendering your personalized media and publishing your campaign.
- You can view the real-time progress of your renders and publish tasks by clicking the “View Progress” link or you can check the task history to see when the videos and publish tasks to Facebook are done.
- Create Template
- Create Feed
- Video Collections
- See Task History
- Troubleshooting Failed Tasks