Projects designed in Adobe After Effects can be used to create dynamic templates on Indivio.
Templates can be used with feeds to automate the generation of different image or video iterations - i.e. changing text, images, color, video clips, and audio clips.
To get started:
- You will need a zip archive of the “collected files” from your After Effects project as well as any unique fonts.
- Refer to the Template Design Checklist and Preparing Template Project for Onboarding prior to proceeding.
Time required: 5-10min, though possibly significantly longer for more complex designs
To create a new Indivio Template:
- From the Templates Page (new window), navigate to the Create Template button. Click “Choose local file” or drag and drop your project zip archive in the window area to upload.
- Upload any font files used by the project. Acceptable font files have .otf and .ttf extensions. After uploading the font file (yellow progress bar), be sure to hit the "Add" button to see the green confirmation before proceeding.
- Provide the name of the template, the filename of the Adobe After Effects .aep file (in case there are multiple versions in the zip), and the name of the Main Comp (in case there are multiple in the design).
- Click Next and, if successful, you will see a new template with accurate preview images in the app. If there was an error, you will see a new template with blank / black preview images and you can get more information from the task history.
- Designing Dynamic Templates
- Template Design Checklist
- Preparing Template Project for Onboarding
- Update Template