Projects designed in Adobe After Effects can be used to create dynamic templates on Indivio.
Templates can be used with feeds to automate the generation of different image or video iterations - i.e. changing text, images, color, video clips, conditional components and audio clips.
To get started:
- You will need a zip archive of the “collected files” from your After Effects project as well as any unique fonts used in the project.
- Refer to the Template Design Checklist and Preparing Template Project for Onboarding prior to proceeding.
Time required: 5-10min
To create a new Indivio Template:
1. From the Templates Page (new window), navigate to the "Create Template" button. Click “Choose a local file” or drag and drop your project zip archive in the window area to upload. After the .zip file has completed uploading, click "Next" to advance to step 2.
2. Upload any font files used by the project. Acceptable font files have .otf and .ttf extensions. After uploading the font file (yellow progress bar), be sure to hit the "Add" button to see the green confirmation before proceeding.
3. Provide the name of the template (up to 31 characters), the filename of the Adobe After Effects .aep file (no spaces allowed in the .aep name), and the name of the Main Comp (so we know which composition to render).
4. Click Next, and if the inputs are valid, you will see the green checkmark on step 3, indicating that the onboard has started. If the request is rejected as invalid, please double check the .aep file name and MAIN_COMP name provided.
5. Close the modal, and a new template placeholder will appear on the templates page. When the template passes onboard in 5 - 10 minutes time, preview images will be displayed on the template, indicating that onboard has completed successfully. If there was an error during onboard, the new template will stay indefinitely with a blank / black preview image and more information will be available about the onboard status or failure in the job tray.
- Designing Dynamic Templates
- Template Design Checklist
- Preparing Template Project for Onboarding
- Update Template